Sunday, September 7, 2008

California Adventure!









I flew out of Spokane on Tuesday July 29th, right into the Oakland airport! My friends Natalie and Steve (and their little Lorelai) went to California to visit family and invited me to come along, so I did! The first few days we were at Steve's parents house and we just hung out and relaxed. Friday August 1st we went to a cabin with his 2 older sisters and their kids. The cabin was about 2 hours away and it was amazing, it belonged to some friends of one of his older sisters. This was like a mansion cabin! We stayed there until Sunday afternoon and then headed back to his parents house. On that Monday we headed out to L.A. to stay with Natalie's older brother and his wife and son. It was so much fun being with them. Her brother Rich bought us park hopper passes to Disney Land and California Adventure Park so we spent Wednesday at Disney Land and Thursday at California Adventure Park. I really don't know how any one could spend more than 2 days there! It was crazy and hot and we were so tired and grouchy by the time we got home but it was still fun! I got a little red from the sun but it was worth it. We then relaxed and hung out by the pool and watched Michael Phelps kick trash at the Olympics! Canada is definately out of their element at the Summer Olympics....good thing the Winter ones are coming in 2 years! We drove back to Steve's parents house the next Monday and then spent Tuesday in San Fransisco which was really fun. Natalie and I got to go see The Dark Knight the afternoon before I flew back to Spokane and it was amazing! All in all, I loved my vacation in California! It was perfect, we got to relax and just hang out but we also went and did stuff when we wanted. We stayed up late and slept in! It was perfect! I was soooo sad to leave, especially since I won't be down at school this Fall and it's their last semester so they won't be there when I go back to school in January. Sad day! I couldn't ask for a better friend. Natalie is the greatest, we just have so much fun together. We have NEVER even had a disagreement, we just get along so great and we have so much when we're together and we don't even have to be doing anything! She's the best! and I love my little Lorelai, she's just the cutest little girl with such a spunky personality, she always keeps us laughing. Steve's pretty cool too I guess! Although, he's not too fond of the camera! He hated the fact that we wanted to take pictures of everything and he was pretty grumpy about it, but he continued to buy us batteries for it when we needed more so I think he secretly liked all the pictures! I was sad to leave but I'm sure I'll see them soon. Bye for now California!

No comments: