Sunday, September 7, 2008

Next Stop...Pemberton!


So, my next adventure was in Pemberton, B.C. We took our donut trailer up there for the Pemberton Festival which was July 25th-July 27th. Jaymi came up there with me to work, we drove up there the Wednesday night before it started to help my sister finish setting up. We were able to have a 5th wheel trailer up there and it was right behind the donut trailer and it was air conditioned so that was a nice place to hang out when we weren't working in the donut trailer. Jaymi and I had to leave early Sunday night so we weren't able to see Cold Play but we got to see everyone else which included, Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, Nine Inch Nails, Jay Z, The Tragically Hip, and a bunch of other smaller bands. Besides the issue with the portable showers and porta potties, it wasn't that bad, but hopefully they make some changes if they're gonna do it again next year. My 25th Birthday also happened to be on July 25th! I had to work of course but it wasn't that bad, I got a cake and a card! My brother in law also bought me a cool pemberton hoodie and my Mom and Jaymi bought me a new camera! So, not that bad at all! The reason Jay and I had to leave early was so that we could head back to Spokane. She needed to be back by dinner time on Monday and I was flying out of Spokane on Tuesday night to go to California! The drive from my house to Spokane is about 7 hours so we got back to my house around midnight on Sunday, packed up the car, took a quick nap, made our usual stop at Tim Horton's right before we hit the border and we were on our way!

No comments: